DO YOU FILTER YOURSELF TOO MUCH?


I sometimes find myself filtering myself too much. I always mind what I'm going to say to my friends and even my family and relatives. I don't know, but I have been like these ever since I've become an adult. I was insensitive back when I was a kid up to 13 years old. But when I turned 19, that is when it has all started. 

We Filipinos are thoughtful. That goes back to our roots and history as a nation. Our parents have always told us to be considerate and friendly to every person we meet, which has molded us to be overly mindful of other people's feelings.  There's nothing terrible about being kind or something, but in my opinion, it leads us to anxiety. We don't think about ourselves anymore and often think of other's feelings instead.

It's right about time to think of your feelings too as a person. Be Good to yourself, as Steve Perry says, because nobody else will. We are all humans, susceptible to any wrong judgment. After being stricken by COVID last April, I have thought that I have to speak out about what's happening to me and never hide or keep my feelings. Science says that based on studies, I'm an introvert. But I don't want to be limited by classification. I want to break free from the norms of society and be me!

Be good to yourself, my friend. We're humans, after all, and not robots! Don't be controlled by what others may think and say about you. It's none of your business! You're not living to please them! There's more to life than thinking about what people may do or say. You'll be dead once you have put your faith and trust in people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIST OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES

Disconnect, Reflect and Reconnect, a Calayo Beach resort review

Gone too soon, RIP Chester Bennington