Coffee FREE for 4 months




It's been a month and two weeks since the last time I posted an entry here. Well, many things have happened, and I'm going to tell you guys about them in separate posts. First off, I'm proud to say that I'm now officially COFFEE FREE for four months! WOW! I've never really imagined that I'd be able to QUITE drinking Coffee for good!

It was tough at first! I had withdrawals, frequent headaches, and migraines (and cravings). But my wife consistently supported me and helped me quit Coffee! She told me that "It's only in mind" that you won't be able to quit it. And I said, "you know what? You're right!

I started drinking instant Coffee when I was 18 years old and got hooked on it since then. From 3-in-1 coffee to Brewed, discovered Starbucks (LOL, the countryside in me) in 2007 when I and my family transferred to Manila from Cavite. Found other coffee flavors from latte to espresso, to cappuccino, and even Americano!

At the beginning of my career as an Online teacher for Koreans way back in 2010, I remember that I couldn't even start my day without taking a sip of brewed Coffee from McDonald's! I got addicted to it! Who wouldn't get addicted to their Coffee?! Come on! It was cheap! Plus, that strong aroma fascinates me! But I've decided that this addiction has to end. I decided to quit because I'm starting to have jitters plus, I'm having a hard time getting "decent" sleep."

I'm not a slave to anything and anyone! Yes, that's my daily motivation (or so-called mantra by adults, lol!)

I stopped drinking Coffee on May 31, 2017. (Yes, yes, I know, It's almost four months contrary to the title of this post) In Psychology, they said that in every bad habit that you think you need to change, there should be a BETTER substitute. So I decided to replace Coffee with GREEN TEA!

Yes! I know that Teas are NOT caffeine-free, BUT they contain less caffeine (3.12 mg )than Coffee (40 mg), and in turn, black and green tea has a lot less caffeine than Coffee. So if you're looking to reduce your caffeine intake (but not eliminate it), green tea is the right choice! Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body.



In my disclaimer, I'm not totally "caffeine" free BUT rather COFFEE FREE. Free from the addiction and its Slavery! Ever since I quit Coffee, I can now sleep soundly and decently. Free from jitters and exhaustion!



this post can also be seen here

---

UPDATE: As of 4/10/2024, I went back drinking to coffee, well actually, I wrote this post down back in 2017, and after a month or so of writing this post, I went back to drinking coffee! I'm really sorry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIST OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES

Disconnect, Reflect and Reconnect, a Calayo Beach resort review

Jack of all trades, master of none. Is there anything wrong with that?